Norton antivirus error “3048, 3” is an error, which arises when an unexpected error appears or while a required operation has rashly delivered. In this situation that you have an error on your computer while operating the computer system, then it might lead your system by shutting down windows or crashed the windows. It might be possible that your system gets completely damaged.
There is the various reason behind the occurrence of such errors. Some error message could appear while installation when some Symantec related software is running, or during the time of startup or shut down of windows or sometimes when you are setting up some Windows operating system. Then it is easy for you to recognize the “Error 3048, 3”.
Symptoms of Norton Error “3048, 3”
- When running the same program, your computer system frequently crashes with the Error “3048, 3”.
- Your active program window crashes with the Error “3048, 3”.
- Your computer system might be shut down for a few minutes.
- Your windows respond slowly to keyboard or mouse input.
Causes of Norton Error “3048, 3”
Error “3048, 3” can occur by a variety of factors, so it is essential that you troubleshoot each of the following causes to prevent it from recurring.
- These type of error happened due to corrupt download of the software or because of the incomplete installation process of the Norton products.
- Some Norton products related files are mischievously or mistakenly deleted by the users of the Norton software products.
- There might be some corruption in windows registry system, due to some changes in Norton software related products or files(install or uninstall).
- Your computer system might be shut down for few seconds, but it automatically restarts after few minutes.
- Some viruses or malware software may infect your computer system so that the malware windows shows some problem in installing the malware products.
How to fix Norton Antivirus Error “3048, 3”?
Below the list of troubleshooting the steps to resolve your Error “3048, 3”. These steps are easy to understand and very less time-consuming. Follow these steps in the ascending order for the best result of your error.
Method-1 Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error “3048, 3”
To repair your windows registry manually, then first you need to take backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to the Error “3048, 3”. Follow the steps given below-
Step-1 Click the “Start” button.
Step-2 Type the word “Command” in the search box… do not press the “ENTER” yet!
Step-3 While holding the button together “CTRL-Shift” on your keyboard, press “ENTER” button.
Step-4 You will be prompted with a “Permission dialog box.”
Step-5 Click on the “Yes.”
Step-6 A “black colored” box will open with a blinking cursor.
Step-7 Type “regedit” and press on the “ENTER.”
Step-8 In the Registry Editor, select the Error 3048 3-related key (e.g., Norton AntiVirus) you want to back up.
Step-9 From the “File menu,” choose “Export.”
Step-10 In the “Save list,” select the folder where you want to save the “Norton AntiVirus backup key.”
Step-11 In the “File Name box,” type a name for your backup file, such as “Norton AntiVirus Backup.”
Step-12 In the Export Range box, be sure that “Selected branch” is selected.
Step-13 Click on the “Save.”
Step-14 The file is then saved with a “.reg file extension.”
Step-15 You now have a backup of your Norton AntiVirus-related registry entry.
Method-2 Install All Available Windows Updates
Microsoft is constantly updating and improving Windows system files that could be associated with Error “3048, 3”. Sometimes resolving your Runtime Errors problems may be as simple as updating Windows with the latest Service Pack or another way that Microsoft releases on an ongoing basis.
To check for Windows Updates. Follow the steps given below-
Step-1 Click on the “Start” button.
Step-2 Type the word “Update” into the search box and press the ‘ENTER” button.
Step-3 The Windows Update dialog box will appear.
Step-4 If updates are available, click the Install Updates button.
If the steps as mentioned above are not working in your favor. Then the last step is to connect with the Norton customer support. Norton customer support always available to help you 24*7. Dial the toll-free number of Norton customer support for the quick assistance.