What is Amazon Alexa?
Amazon Alexa is a smart, intelligent personal assistant service device. It looks like a small colorful cylinder. You can interact with the device hands-free. The device is inbuilt with Bluetooth speakers that can play music and other audio. The device is voice controlled just like the smartphone voice-recognition. It can perform so many different functions; like you can command Alexa to play music, to tell you weather forecast and other real-time information, read your schedule and news for you and much more. Additionally, if you have compatible smart home appliances, you can tell Alexa to dim the lights and to turn on and off devices.
How does Amazon Echo work?
Echo can connect with your Home Wi-Fi network for internet connection. The device is always on, but there is a magic word to wake it up. The Alexa device has an array of microphones which helps it to pick up your voice across the room, even on the over music and other environmental noise. When your Alexa device hears that magical wake-up word, it will start gathering the ‘Voice command’ and sends them to the voice recognition service called Alexa Voice Service.
How to Change Alexa Name?
‘Alexa’ is the not the name of the device. But the device responds to the name ‘Alexa.’ It is the word ‘Wake up’ word. If you are tired of calling that device with Alexa name, or there may be someone already in your house with a name ‘Alexa.’ Maybe you have more than one ‘Alexa’ devices, whatever the reasons. You can luckily have the option to change the name.
Follow these simple steps to give your Alexa device another Name.
- Open ‘Alexa app’.
- Sign in with your Amazon account. Be sure to ‘sign in’ with the account you registered in your Alexa device.
- Tap on ‘Menu button’ or ‘three horizon lines’ on the top of left side.
- Select ‘Settings.’
- Tap on the device whose name you want to change.
- Scroll and Tap on ‘Wake Word.’
- Tap on the ‘Dropdown’ button.
- Select a new Wake Word from the options. (You can’t change ‘Wake up’ name to anything you want).
- Confirm with the large ‘Save’ button.
Now, you can wake up your Echo device with the name you’ve selected.
How to Change Alexa’s Voice?
If you think to change the responding voice of your Alexa device, then you can’t change it to a male voice. All of Alexa device voice is of the female. You can only change her voice according to your country like if you want her to have an Indian, Australian, southern US, or any other accent that matches with your family’s speech pattern.
Follow these steps to change Alexa’s Voice.
- Open ‘Alexa app’.
- Open ‘Settings’ (small gear icon) from the Menu.
- Select the device.
- Tap on ‘Language.’
- Select a different language according to you from the ‘Drop-down’ menu.
- Now, Tap on ‘Save Changes.’
- Tap ‘Yes, Change’ to confirm.