The iPad is a fantastic tablet which allows users to utilize content conveniently and compactly. Since there is no fitter spot for consumable material than the Web, it is essential that your iPod device can connect to a wireless network. This blog will provide you with the process for connecting your iPad to a Wi-Fi network. Read on to find out the steps for connecting your iPad to a WiFi Network.
How To Connect to a WiFi Network?
- Firstly, you need to go to the Settings option.
- Turn on the iPad and tap on the Settings application present in the home screen.
- If the application is not there on the Home Screen, then go to the Search bar and enter Settings in the blank.
- In the list of options, click on Wi-Fi. It will be present below Airplane Mode. Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on. When the Wi-Fi is on, it will show green in iOS 7 and blue in iOS 6.
- Now, you need to choose the network. Under the Wi-Fi toggle, you will be able to see all the available networks listed. Select the network you want to connect to.
- However, when the network you wish to connect to is not showing in the list, then make sure that your device is within the network’s range and the configuration is proper.
- A majority of Wi-Fi networks can be accessed via passwords only. Therefore, whenever a user wants to connect to a Wi-Fi, they need to enter a password for the Wi-Fi network. Contact the network admin if you do not have the passcode.
- Now, just test the Wi-Fi. When you enter the password, the iPad will try to connect to the Wi-Fi. When the connection is successful, a Wi-Fi symbol will show up on the top lefthand side of the display. Just launch the web browser and try to load a page.
How to connect to a Wi-Fi which does not broadcast its network name or SSID?
- Open the Settings app in the iPad.
- Tap in Wi-Fi in the right menu.
- Now, find the Network name or SSID of the wireless network you need to connect to. Under Choose a Network, select “Other.”
- Wait for the Other Network prompt to appear.
- Now, in the Other Network prompt, you need to enter the Network’s name and other settings necessary for you to join the network.
- In the Name blank, you can either fill in the Name or SSID.
- After that, press the Security button.
- In the Enter network information: Security screen, choose the security encryption such as WPA or WEP/ Choose the right encryption option if you want to connect to the network.
- Tap on Other Network.
- Now, enter the Wi-Fi password in the Other Network screen.
- Tap on Join. Your iPad will now attempt to connect to the network. Verify whether the internet is working or not.
We hope that the processes given above will help you in connecting your iPad to the Wi-Fi. Do not skip any step if you want to get successful results.