Immediately after the creation of the Instagram account, the account can be seen by everyone. This implies that any Instagram user can search for your account and look at your posts. This action will not require any permission.
To make your account safe by letting only your chosen few to watch the posts you need to set your account private.
Best ways to make your Instagram account private.
How to keep my Instagram pictures private?
Remember that you can set your Instagram account private on phones only. Unfortunately, it cannot be done on PC. So install this app on your phones rather than your computer before moving further.
Follow the given below instructions to set your account private-
- Firstly, go to your Instagram account.
- Then, click on Profile. Here, you’ll be able to watch your profile.
- After that, click on the Settings. It will be situated towards upwards.
- Lastly, switch on the Private Account option.
- After completing the above steps, you’ll be able to note that your account has been set private. And that only the people selected by you can visit your account.
How to prevent others from searching me altogether?
Although the above method prevents people from watching the posts made by you, it will not be able to prevent people from finding you, searching your account and from even sending you texts. If someone is annoying you by sending you messages again and again also after you have given the last warning, then prefer to block that person immediately.
Fortunately, blocking doesn’t let that person who is blocked to get to know about it. And side by side they will also not be able to search or message you.
Note: The unblocking can even be done quickly.
Read the given below following to know the steps for blocking someone on Instagram account-
- Firstly, visit the account of a person to whom you feel like to block.
- Then, select the three lines situated towards the top of the corner.
- After that, click on Block option.
- Lastly, click Dismiss on the presented confirmation text that gets displayed.
Do you want to know the answers of some frequently asked questions?
Can a blocked profile mention me?
The answer to this question is -yes. But the best part is that you’ll not get a notification for the same.
Can block users see my comments?
Yes! But this can be possible only if it is not a private account.