Norton has launched a new app for the user’s comfort. It will help you to scan all your Facebook, and Twitter feeds as well as your files or folders on Dropbox and SkyDrive for virus or malicious infected links, it is Norton Satellite app for Windows 8. It is using the reputation-based virus removal capability to give the information on security threats and trust-worthiness of URLs and files.
Know about Norton Satellite app for Windows 8:-
Apart from scanning Facebook, Twitter and Dropbox, it will also be able to scan documents and cloud content in your SkyDrive account.
What are the features of Norton Satellite App?
It can scan the some of the apps such as- Facebook along with the Twitter feed to prevent infected links and checks the security levels of all the available URLs.
It will identify the unwanted files in Dropbox and SkyDrive before sharing with your co-workers or friends.
With this app, you will able to scan and identify a specific document on your Windows 8 PC includes 32-bit and 64-bit, and external storage.
It can get the information on security threats and trustworthiness of the files.
This app will support the desktop, laptop, or a tablet in Windows 8. It is not able to run this with ARM processors running Windows RT.
How to Run this App?
- To start the scans with the Norton Satellite main window, click on the Scan button.
- You need to log in and then allows to the app to access your social account.
- After completing the scanning process and get the scan results, click on the Full Details option.
- Use the Export Results option to change the scan results as the a.CSV file.
- Norton Satellite will start the scanning using the latest virus definitions from Symantec.
- To start the scans, you will need an internet connection.
- It scans .exe, .dll, and .msi file types for malware.
- It will only identify you the security threats, but it will not be able to resolve all of them.
You can use this app by visit on the Norton official website. You can download Norton Satellite app for Windows 8 on norton.com/setup or www.norton.com/setup. For any help, you can connect with Norton Customer Support Team, make a call on the Norton Customer Support toll-free number.